Sunday, May 17, 2009

Visalia Rawhide Game (formerly Visalia Oaks)

One of the days my parents were here, we went to the recently remodeled stadium in town and enjoyed some good old fashioned baseball! I am still not sure why Visalia Oaks had to change their name to the Visalia Rawhides, but they did. In any event, the stadium is ver nice now, they have patio seating along the third base line and stadium seating, as well as a grass area if you want to bring your own blankets or chairs to sit on. They have a VIP box, a few snack barsm, and a gift shop too. We ate nachos, hot dogs and snowcones, so we got our fill of the good junk food that was there. And the kids met Tipper, the mascot. Later they got little Tipper stuffed animals to remember the evening. We had fun cheering and singing "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" and even did the wave a couple of times.






Mal and her friend from school


We had a great time, even with the boys that kept playing chase down our row back and forth repeatedly. Finally, I just put my chair right in the middle and told them this row is closed for running! (ha- don't mess with a teacher, right, lol!). Anyway, the team went in to extra innings because the score was 0-0, and we left before the final score. We found out that the Rawhides got a homerun after we left, so they beat the Lancaster Jethawks 1-0! Woohoo! Rollin', Rollin' Rollin'....RAWHIDES!









2 comments:

Judy Stohl said...

Looks like a fun outing!

Cammi said...

Likes like a fun and warm night out! I'm jealous! I didn't know they remodeled the ball park. COOL! Although I think I like the name OAKS better than RAWHIDES! I'm glad you guys had so much fun while your parents were in town!