Friday, August 14, 2009

FIrst Day of School, 8-13-2009!

I was so thrilled this year to be able to take the girls to school on the first day!!! I usually have to be with my class, but this year, they started before we did, so I got to be there! I took pictures with my phone and took them to their rooms and helped them find their desks, and said hi to their teachers! yay! As you can see, yes, they are wearing matching outfits. This year though, this is only one of two that outfits that match. Everything else is different, I promise (I know Cammi totally understands, haha) :) -and I actually need to mention here that the girls decided that they both wanted this outfit, and that they really do think it is okay to match, sometimes! Here is Mallory as she found her desk in Mr. McNabb's 3rd Grade class. They had to look on the pocket chart behind her for their name, and find out their number, because they wrote their name on their name tag, and everything else. Oh, and behind her in the red shirt is Mal's best friend Megan. I really should have taken her picture too. Megan's mom teaches Kindergarten at Mountain View, and her dad teaches 5th grade. She is a sweet girl, and I am glad they are friends. Mallory was completely thrilled that they were in the same class!

Mallory and Mr. McNabb, she had heard he was going to be mean (from Becca!), but she came home and said, "it is so not true, he is nice!"




Bec and Mal in Bec's class. Becca's response about everything on her desk- there is a notebook for everything, and we will be writing a lot! She especially liked Science time already, because they are already learning all about rocks and minerals. She came home and was telling me all about it, and I just laughed and said, yep, this will be my first year NOT teaching that myself! It is so strange to me to have a 4th grader, because it means my baby is so big, and also since I am not teaching it anymore!

Rebecca and Mrs. Nixon, Bec said she was very nice

Ah school...we are off and running again! I think we are off to a good start though...





2 comments:

Judy Stohl said...

I love your outfits and seeing your classes and teachers - thanks for posting them. I thought about you both all day and hoped you were having a great day. You both look so grown up to me. I miss you lots! I am not kidding when I say that I think all my grandkids could be models - all so cute and beautiful, especially you two!! Keep my updated on school.

Cammi said...

YOU ARE SO CUTE! The outfits are awesome. I'm so glad you like your teachers! Becca, there were SO MANY BOOKS ON YOUR DESK! Holy cow! Mallory, do you like 3rd grade! Miss you guys!