Thursday, August 13, 2009

Beautiful Big Girls!

We finally took the girls in for pictures in their baptism dresses. It was about time, since Rebecca is already 9 1/2! Thank goodness her dress still fit alright on her! These are not the best scans of the original photos- the originals are 11x14, and so they didn't even fit all the way into my scanner. Also, Mallory's dress looks like it has a spot on it, but in the original it is fine, nothing but white. Anyway, I was very pleased with the photo shoot and am excited to get some frames for them.

I love the one with them together too, so precious!
This was a great day at the mall. We went and took the pictures, and there are more that were so good, I am going to probably go back and get one or two more of the poses, as well as copies for grandparents. After the shoot, we walked around the mall, and the girls picked out book bags, not backpacks, mind you, after seeing some bags on sale at Pac-Sun. I had no objection with letting Mallory get a black Billabong bag that was only 6 dollars and Becca got a Hurley one that was only 7 or 8. Oh, and I need to add that they had brought their allowance and decided to buy them all by themselves, after paying tithing the Sunday before! This year the school shopping was fun- they really are starting to have their tastes, yet a lot of it is agreeable with what mom likes, YAY! (no Hannah Montana or High School Musical on thier clothes, even though they like them, they don't ask for the clothes- hahaha!). Well, after the school shopping and the baptism pictures, I realized how fast my babies have become these big, pretty girls in these pictures. I wanted to cry because it just makes me want to cherish the time I have with them more. And they are such sweet young ladies most of the time (occasional sisterly spats, but what sisters don't fight a little sometimes?). They like to read the scriptures with us and like to make sure everyone gets their turn at saying family prayers. I love them so much and hope they continue to be so beautiful inside and out!

2 comments:

Judy Stohl said...

You are both so beautiful. Please get me a picture to put up on my wall at home. Where did all these years go? You both look so grown up! I miss you so much. Hope we get to see you soon - at least grandpa will!

Cammi said...

I swear, these two have NEVER taken a bad photo at Picture People! What is the deal? Is there a trick? Or are they just naturally photogenic? I love these photos. They look so beautiful. The one of them together is PRECIOUS.