Sunday, March 29, 2009

Busy Busy!

Our first track meet- Becca is ready!
Becca and her little friend who was a high-jumper!



Warming up on the field, they are on the far end in the darker green shirts. The light green is Royal Oaks


Becca is throwing the shotput (behind the net, not in front). She said that she didn't do that well because the ball was heavier than she was used to. Here you can see her crouching to push the ball forward as much as possible...



another shotput picture-

Becca is one of those specks on the far end of the field. I couldn't get a good picture because she was in the 4x100 meter relay, and her starting mark was way over there. She passed up two girls and was so very fast. I so want to see her do the 100 meter dash!

Mallory going to practice last Thursday


...and the same pose, after the game on Saturday. She is liking softball a lot, but after getting a pretty good start, we are now in a slump. Hope we can come out of it in the 4 or 5 games we have left!

So anyways, these were the highlights of our week. That, and I put another yearbook "to bed", and had a pizza celebration with my GATE class/yearbook staffers. We were proud of Becca for getting 4th place in 3rd and 4th grade girl's 4x100 relay, this being the first time they ever started with a starter "gun". Her school got so many of the awards, they were so proud, especially the principal, who we sat near for a while. Our neighbor Austin got first place in one of the boy's races, so he was pretty excited about that. The next meet will be later this month, so we will let you know how it goes!

Report cards are supposed to be done tomorrow and I have barely started. I can't do it at home because they are computer-generated, and only accessible from school. And I can't cancel practice tomorrow because we have a game on Tuesday! ARRRGH! I am going to try to leave the house really early tomorrow to get lots done! Wish me luck with my overextended self!!!



3 comments:

Christa said...

I love that your girls are super athletic. I hope I get a couple athletes!

Judy Stohl said...

Way to go Becca - I knew you were always a fast runner. It looks like a great day. It was good to talk to you last night. I miss you!
Mallory - you look like a pro with your softball gear. Thanks for all the birthday ideas you gave me last night. I miss you!
We will have a "BIG" party when I come home. I love you!
Grandma Judy

Cammi said...

You girls are awesome! I can't believe they have a REAL track meet in elementary school. How cool! I would be nervous - I'm glad you are so strong and fearless!

Mallory, I love your softball uniform. That's so fun to be a part of a team and learn how to win TOGETHER. That's so cool!

You guys are great!

MISS YOU TONS!